A UV lamp is a device that emits ultraviolet radiation. UV lamps are used in many industries, including medical, printing, and polymer research. In the polymer research industry, UV lamps are used to cure uv resin. There are many different UV lamps, and the Best Uv Lamp for Uv Resin will vary depending on the type of resin being used. Keep reading our article to find the right one for your projects.
Table of Contents
- 1 Can UV Light Cure Resins?
- 2 Best Uv Lamp for Uv Resin 2023
- 2.1 1. Portable Uv Blacklight 5v
- 2.2 2. Sovol 3d Printer Uv Lux for Resin
- 2.3 3. Terresa UV LED Nail Lamp, 72 Watt Faster
- 2.4 4. SUNUV SUN2C 48W LE
- 2.5 5. MelodySusie 36W
- 2.6 6. Wisdompark UV Nail Lamp 54W LED
- 2.7 7. Tresbro UV Resin Curing Lamp for SLA/DLP/LCD
- 2.8 8. FASTTOBUY UV Resin Curing Lamp for 3D Printers SLA/DLP
- 2.9 9. MOOKIE UV Resin Curing Lamp for SLA/DLP With Output Effect
- 2.10 10. BIGTREETECH UV Resin Curing Lamp for SLA/DLP
- 3 Benefits Of UV Light Curing Resin
- 4 How Long Does It Take For UV Resin to Cure?
- 5 What to Look For Before Buying The Best UV Lamp For Resin?
- 6 Best Lamp for UV Resin? FAQs
- 7 Conclusion
Can UV Light Cure Resins?
Each wavelength of the UV radiation is not capable of curing resin. The curing process is initiated or kicked off by the wavelength of 240 to 270 nm, 350 to 380 nm, and the exact values depend on the nature of the application.
For example, the UV repair resins that adhere to hardened glass used for windshields and car windows begin curing at 366 nm.
These wavelengths produce light beams with high frequencies that the naked eye cannot see. The resin might not be cured effectively if the lamp has a longer wavelength.
Best Uv Lamp for Uv Resin 2023
1. Portable Uv Blacklight 5v
Many crafters have recommended this UV light for resin. It is perfect for small resin projects as well as gel nail art. It could, however, use an adapter.
The light will flicker if the power supply is not correct and it is too powerful to be used with a phone charger. It can be plugged into a USB port on your laptop or extension cords, so it is ready to go.
With its clamp stand, adjustable neck, and LED light source, the Portable 5V UV Blacklight lets you work on small resin crafts or gel nails right at your desk. You can use it on uneven surfaces, such as car wheels rims or UV-activated clear coatings.
Although it can be connected to a USB port, contrary to manufacturer claims, the lamp flickers when combined with a phone charger. We aren’t sure if the UV LED with a single-chip upgrade may cause flickering. You can still use the UV LED if your power outlets have a USB port.
This lamp can activate and cure UV black paint, fluorescent paint, and blacklight posters.
This UV light for the resin is highly recommended for anyone who loves working with small resin crafts that require flash curing. The long gooseneck design makes it very efficient and can focus UV light onto a small UV resin project.
- Flexible gooseneck design 1 1/4″ with clamp
- A versatile power source
- Multiple applications
- Low power consumption
- UV flashlight and power cord
- Lamp with single-chip
- If you use the wrong adapter, there will be constant flickering.
2. Sovol 3d Printer Uv Lux for Resin
Customers warn against excessive exposure to UV light for resin. This can affect the quality of your project. Start timing as soon as the device is turned on.
This lamp’s solid metal housing is a great selling point. Other users recommend eye protection because the light is mighty.
The Sobol 3D printer UV light for UV resin can reduce the curing time by as much as 10 seconds when working on large uv resin projects. If you have any questions about your purchase, the customer service team is excellent and responsive.
Overexposing resin craft can cause it to become brick-hard. This is a rookie error. Brick-hard is brittle and opaque, and you don’t want this for your project. Some users purchased another UV light to cure resin after perfecting their use.
Also, you need to limit the light so that it doesn’t cause damage to your eyes. It works, and it is a testament to its effectiveness.
This lamp is recommended for professional resin craftspeople who work with UV resin. To focus all the UV light on your project, you can use a support stand. This will protect your eyes from damaging UV light.
- Ideal for UV curing or 3D resin curing
- It can also be used in DIY curing.
- Reduces the time it takes to cure
- Compact and efficient
- Reflectors may be broken or damaged and could rattle.
3. Terresa UV LED Nail Lamp, 72 Watt Faster
Terresa’s UVLED Nail Lamp is a company that focuses on making high-quality, functional curing lamps.
Their 72W acrylic nail dryer will provide two-times faster curing. It can easily accommodate five fingernails and toes due to its more comprehensive design.
The Terresa UV LED can be operated automatically and has three low-heat mode settings that allow for a stunning finish without any difficulty or pain.
It can be used with all gel nail varnish resin collections. Pre-installed LEDs have a 50,000-hour lifespan, so you won’t be disturbed by the need to replace them anytime soon.
- LED digital time display
- Uses every gel
- Very spacious
- Removable Tray
- Uses uv resin well
- There is no switch off button
- The power cord isn’t too long
4. SUNUV SUN2C 48W LE
The SUNUV SUN2C 48W UV nail Lamp offers a four-option time control, ranging from 10 to 90 seconds. This is an excellent uv Nail Lamp for those who want to save money and avoid the salon.
The LED-based design allows for fast, efficient curing. It also provides large intensities and white light that are gentle on the skin and eyes. This is in contrast to traditional ultraviolet lamps, which can be dangerous to your eyesight.
The 33 lamp beads can run for up to 50,000 hours thanks to 48W of power. The tray can be detached and used for pedicures.
- Control of time at four pre-set times
- Smart auto sensor to start and stop
- Space for five fingers and five toes
- Sensor with automatic-on function
- No timer-display screen
- No timer memory
5. MelodySusie 36W
MelodySusie 36WUV Nail Dryer is an excellent choice if you are looking for fast, salon-quality curing. It can be used with all types of UV gel nail polish.
Four sizeable traditional UV lamps can be used to treat your nails. This lamp will provide a broader range of light, and your hand placements will be much easier than LED lamps.
The UV light-bulbs are usually required to be replaced after 100 hours. This package contains an additional UV bulb and a convenient pack of 4.
- 1 extra bulb
- Useful for other uv resin projects
- Large area
- No timer-display screen
- There is no switch off button
- Only works at 110V
6. Wisdompark UV Nail Lamp 54W LED
Wisdompark Nail Lamp is an excellent tool for professionals and home-based do-it-yourselfers. It has a decent build quality and is easy to cure.
It is fingerprint-proof, so you don’t need to worry about getting messy.
Although it might seem a bit complicated at first, the interface is simple and has four buttons. It clearly explains the timing, low heat, and double power modes.
It is an excellent choice because it offers all of the available features in the competition at a very affordable price.
- Setting up a 4-option timer
- LED timer display
- Optional power switch
- Memory function
- Space for 2 hands simultaneously
- Modes of low heat
- Some people complain that it takes too long to heal properly.
7. Tresbro UV Resin Curing Lamp for SLA/DLP/LCD
Tresbro’s UV resin curing lamp offers reliable and efficient curing resins. The best thing about this lamp is that you don’t need to buy a separate turntable to place your uv resins as they are exposed to UV light. This Tresbro UV resin curing lamp model comes with a turntable, so it’s unnecessary to purchase one separately.
Most of the time, the resin remains visible in areas showing signs of UV absorption after being manually placed before the curing lamps.
These areas are not yet fully solidified. The turntable rotates the object on the table so that the UV lamp can be turned on and each room is adequately exposed to the sun.
This is known as an effective UV treatment.
A turntable is an excellent option if you want to keep your hands safe. Once you have switched on the lamp, all required is to place your object on the turntable.
The high-quality LEDs in this UV lamp and the large light output make it very fast to cure the resin.
This lamp is the best choice if you want to feel the smoothness of a resin printout. Give the light 20 seconds, and then let it do its magic.
- It is straightforward to use.
- No need for electricity/batteries to power the turntable as it works on UV rays emitted by the lamp.
- The heat is dissipated very slowly into the surrounding environment.
- Smaller prints can be cured quickly, making them ideal for the treatment of figurines.
- Eye protection is essential as people often forget to consider safety concerns when using the lamp.
- The heater should be placed at a minimum distance from the object to get the best results.
8. FASTTOBUY UV Resin Curing Lamp for 3D Printers SLA/DLP
FASTTOBUY’s UV curing lamp can solidify most photosensitive objects quickly and efficiently. This not only saves time but also helps you conserve energy.
Many users assume that the UV lamps will make UV resins solid, but they neglect the importance of the irradiation distance. This is the root cause of many problems UV lamp users experience.
Although most lamp manufacturers don’t recommend the distance of UV lamps, it is best to keep the object you are curing at least 1 cm from the lamp.
It is rare to find lamps with LEDs that can also cure resins using UV rays. This lamp uses very little power and can provide the same brightness as traditional bulbs.
The presence of LEDs also enhances the light rays from the lamp that illuminates the object. The whole process of UV curing is made more accessible by the availability of LEDs.
Although we may think that solidifying means that our fingers are exposed to the sun’s harmful rays while doing so, it isn’t true at all.
This resin curing process is not self-inflicted harm. People avoid moving objects when illuminated and avoid staring at them.
- No overheating issues.
- Cures any resin in a short time. It takes 1.5-2x longer for thicker areas to solidify.
- Energy-efficient LEDs provide a high brightness level with low power consumption.
- Larger to provide more UV toward the object facing.
- Reasonable price
- Before you use the lamp for the first time, it is essential to correctly time it. This will prevent overheating problems due to confusion.
- If you don’t wear glasses, your exposure to UV rays could be more significant.
9. MOOKIE UV Resin Curing Lamp for SLA/DLP With Output Effect
Mookie UV resin curing lamps are an excellent choice for budget-minded people. The Mookie UV resin curing lamp has the same features as an ideal one, but it is simpler than other models.
The lamp’s minimalist design is in harmony with the 395nm UV rays. This ensures that the object solidifies reasonably and does not heat up as much as other lamps.
The Mookie resin curing lamp is helpful for small-sized 3D printed resins. Although the model’s size is small, its uses are numerous. It can also be used for medical purposes.
One thing to note is the adjustable angle of the UV lamp. This allows you to adjust the position of the UV lamp while it is on. It also simplifies the entire process of lighting the resins.
This resin curing lamp can be used to cure larger prints. This is one of the many benefits of small-sized lights. These lamps can direct UV rays towards specific areas that require moderate exposure.
Mookie UV resin lamps are a fantastic value and an excellent choice for your money. This lamp is one of the few lamps that offers cost-effective UV curing.
- Multipurpose lamps can be used for a variety of purposes.
- Flawless performance and design
- The UV-A radiation is not harmful to parts.
- It takes only minutes to set up.
- Avoid direct staring, even if the manufacturer does not say so.
- Excellent for medical use.
10. BIGTREETECH UV Resin Curing Lamp for SLA/DLP
The BIGTREETECH UV lamp is the last but not least. It can transform fragile resins into smoother resins using its extremely high wavelength (405nm), light emission rate, and a combination of UV rays. During the resin curing process, a lot of energy is lost to the environment.
You should pay particular attention to a UV lamp’s light transmission rate greater than 90%. Your printed objects will be cured faster, and SLA DLP printing curing will take less time.
LEDs can save energy while still providing brightness. However, they consume less power than CFLs and halogens. This is why Most lamp manufacturers prefer LEDs over other types of light.
This is the best UV curing lamp for curing resin or similar purposes for two reasons. It can penetrate the bottom of printed resin. Second, it has a low wattage which means the curing process will take longer but be worthwhile.
The curing process is affected by the location of the enclosure. Make sure it is well-arranged and neat. This lamp is great for everyday use.
- LEDs are efficient in energy use
- In time, the object solidifies.
- Portable design.
- Efficient light transmission.
- It takes more time than other lamps, but it does the job well.
- Avoid touching the metallic parts.
Benefits Of UV Light Curing Resin
Resin bonds well with surfaces and can bond with other resins for strength and durability. Both silicone rubbers and resin are used for surface coatings. However, wax is more resistant to abrasion than silicone rubber. This makes resin ideal for objects like chess pieces or jointed figures.
Clear resins, even those that don’t appear very clear, allow for about 90% of visible light to pass through. These resins are best for thin specimens because they reduce the light passing through them.
To prepare resin, three liquid components are required. This makes the process more costly than using Krazy Glue or super glue. Too many liquids can result in a wasted product, as specimens rapidly absorb curing liquid.
The shelf life of resin is longer than other adhesives. It will not heal unless exposed to ultraviolet light. The wax is insoluble in most solvents once cured and can’t be separated from its components.
The process of curing with UV light energy takes less than 10 minutes in most cases.
Two factors are essential in determining the duration of the process: the composition of resin and the intensity of light used.
It is common for the resin to take longer to cure if it has any colorants. It will take longer to cure the darker and more dense colors.
Another factor to consider is the UV lamp’s intensity rating. A 36W UV lamp can cure most synthetic resins between 2-10 minutes.
What to Look For Before Buying The Best UV Lamp For Resin?
Sometimes choosing a UV Light lamp can seem overwhelming due to the sheer number of products on the internet. Before you buy one, it is better to learn about them.
You should be focusing on whether the gel nail polish brand you use is compatible with the lamp you are interested in purchasing.
It is better to purchase a lamp made by the same company if you use a particular gel nail polish brand.
The life span of UV lamps’ bulbs can vary depending on their manufacturer, but they usually last around 100 hours.
A new UV lamp bulb is between $25 and $30. You can also get a manicure and pedicure done with ease, depending on the size of your lamp.
You may prefer to treat both your feet or hands at once, so it is better to get a giant lamp. Otherwise, you will have to live with a light that only fits four fingers at a given time and no option for a pedicure.
Best Lamp for UV Resin? FAQs
Do You Need a Uv Light for Resin?
Crafts can be made with different types of resin. You can use uv epoxy resin or casting resin for jewelry, coasters, and desk ornaments.
Only the UV resin requires UV light to cure, out of all three types. Epoxy resin and casting resin cure in 2-3 days, depending on how thick they are applied.
What Does Uv Light Do to Resin?
The curing of UV resin is accelerated by UV light. Progressive curing can be done if only one part is exposed to UV radiation. You can then continue working on the remaining parts.
UV resin should only be applied in thin layers and then subjected to UV light to harden. Keep adding layers of UV light to achieve the desired thickness.
Epoxy resin vs UV resin, on the other hand, reacts negatively to ultraviolet light. This can cause discoloration or yellowing. For woodwork and crafts exposed to the sun, you need an epoxy resin that is UV-resistant.
You can use UV light if you’re working with epoxy resin, casting resin, or any other type of resin that doesn’t require it. However, UV resin is not required. Because of the UV rays concentration, UV resin crafts take longer to cure in the sun than they do under UV light.
- Only suitable for miniature crafts
- Ideal for those with tight schedules
- Cures in minutes
- Castings are limited to a maximum thickness of 1mm
- To cure, you will need a UV lamp
- Limited durability
- After it has been cured, it continues to produce vapors
- Additional sealing is required with epoxy resin or polyurethane resin to increase the strength
- If you don’t wear protective gear, it could pose a risk to your health.
- Cures without any assistance
- The maximum thickness for castings is 5cm
- Ideal for large areas or crafts
- After it has been cured, it stops emitting harmful gasses
- High-quality industrial strength
- It takes days to cure.
- If you don’t wear protective gear, it could pose a risk to your health.
There are many different UV lamps on the market, so it can be challenging to determine which one is the best for UV resin. In general, a high-intensity UV lamp is the best option, as it will produce the most strong UV light. When choosing a UV lamp, it is essential to consider the size of the lamp and the type of bulb it uses. We hope that our list will help you find suitable uv lamp.
Last update on 2023-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API