Cubic zirconia is made from a mineral, zirconium oxide, discovered in 1937. It became popular in the 1980s when Swarovski began manufacturing and promoting it to the public for jewelry use. Today, cubic zirconia is available in colorful stones and imitation diamonds.
Although they are not real diamonds, cubic zirconia stones possess many of the same traits of more valuable gems. Therefore, to preserve their shine and beauty, cubic zirconia gems should be cleaned monthly.
By Boe has listed the best solutions to show you how to clean cubic zirconia jewelry. When you’re done, your jewelry should look shiny and new.
What Is Cubic Zirconia?
The cubic zirconia was initially discovered in 1937 in Germany, but it became famous in the 1970s when scientists discovered how to increase cubic zirconia, as natural crystals have been grown. Swarovski, noted because of its crystals, started marketing CZ jewelry in the 80s, and it became hugely popular.
Though all cubic zirconia stones are artificial, they may be fantastic diamond simulants. At times, even the top gemologists can not distinguish cubic zirconia from diamonds with the naked eye. Cubic zirconia jewelry may also be made to look like colored stones, but not only diamonds, making it highly flexible.
How To Clean Cubic Zirconia Jewelry
- Mix warm water using mild dish soap. Abrasive cleaners can harm cubic zirconia. All you will need is some gentle dish detergent out of your kitchen, plus a little bit of warm water. The exact ratio of water and detergent to get a regular cleaning Doesn’t Have to be precise but try for Approximately one part detergent into two parts water.
- Scrub your cubic zirconia using a soft-bristled toothbrush. You may dip the jewelry temporarily to make it moist. You might also use your water/detergent mix in your toothbrush. Next, gently wash down your cubic zirconia using a soft-bristled toothbrush to remove debris and dirt and reach a healthy glow.
- If you do not have a spare toothbrush available, cubic zirconia may also be washed with a gentle decorative brush. A brush used for eye shadow, as an instance, would do the job nicely.
- Scrub your cubic zirconia entirely. It is essential not to leave any soap residue on cubic zirconia. After washing your cubic zirconia, rinse it under the faucet until the water stays clean.
- Pat dry your cubic zirconia using a soft fabric. Letting the cubic zirconia atmosphere dry may lead to harm. Instead, use a clean cloth to gently dab on the zirconia dry. Keep dabbing until there’s absolutely no moisture left over the jewelry.
- Mix water and detergent. In case a regular cleaning doesn’t restore cubic zirconia’s sheen, follow up by massaging it. Create a boil to the jewelry with three components hot water and one part mild dish soap
- Submerge your cubic zirconia from the mix. Gradually place your cubic zirconia from the water/detergent mix so that it’s fully submerged. There’s no precise quantity of grilling time demanded but allow the stone to sit at least a few minutes.
- Rinse and dry your cubic zirconia. Beneath the tap, rinse off the mixture of the cubic zirconia. Wipe it till the water runs clear. Then, pat on the zirconia thoroughly dries with a clean cloth.
- Watch a shopper if that doesn’t work. If both scrubbing and cleaning don’t revive cubic zirconia’s glow, it is time to seek professional therapy. A high-pressure steam wash may be required, which ought to be accomplished by a professional gardener.
- Sterile cubic zirconia once per month. Monthly cleaning is required to protect against the build-up of grime and dirt on cubic zirconia. If you are consistent with monthly cleaning, then this reduces the chance that the jewelry will assemble up grime to the stage. Professional cleaning is required.
- Maintain cubic zirconia from oils and lotions. Should you utilize cubic zirconia in your hands, prevent using cream or items like essential oils. Cubic zirconia is sensitive to these compounds and can easily be damaged. Should You use oils or lotion, keep it away from some other cubic zirconia you are wearing
- Stay away from harsh cleaners. For example, bleach, chlorine, and ammonia shouldn’t be used on cubic zirconia. Also, don’t use any chemical cleaners to eliminate difficult stains since this may easily damage your jewelry.
- Store your jewelry securely. Cubic zirconia ought to be kept in an airtight container to reduce wear and tear. When You’re not sporting cubic zirconia, keep it promptly and in a safe box.
Cleaning the Settings of Cubic Zirconia Jewelry
Cubic zirconia can be put in 14k and 18k gold, sterling silver, gold, silver plate, and gold. Jewelry in these types of settings may be worn regularly without a lot of harm to the atmosphere.
Jewelry set in more economical materials can tarnish and scratch considerably quicker and might not clean well.
Preferences made from quality alloys like 14k and 18k gold, sterling silver, silver plate, and platinum may be cleaned with any fantastic jewelry cleaner. By way of instance, this Polishing Cream & tarnish remover and this jewelry cleaning kit are relatively common.
Some metals, such as silver and gold, might also be plated with an exceptional finish like rhodium to help avoid scratching and tarnishing.
These plated endings will scratch, therefore jewelry ought to be worn carefully.
Plated finishes shouldn’t be washed with jewelry cleaners or shiny. Instead, use only soap and warm water and wipe dry.
Storing Your Cubic Zirconia Jewelry
When you keep your cubic zirconia jewelry, you have to pay additional attention to the metallic settings holding the stones compared to the rocks themselves. Thus, the CZ is not likely to become damaged or dented.
Utilize a jewelry pouch to store your more significant bits, or put aside a part of your jewelry instance. Foam soft and settings fabrics may make a significant difference in maintaining bits from rubbing against each other.
Care for Your Cubic Zirconia Jewelry as You Wear It
As you’re sporting your fine cubic zirconia jewelry, keep it from acidic solutions of a variety. Take off bracelets and rings when you are washing your hands or employing cream, and do not wear them if you are cleaning the house or doing laundry.
Chlorine and the other chemicals in swimming pools may damage sterling silver, so eliminate your sterling cubic zirconia jewelry until you dip in. Take away your CZ jewelry before exercising, too, since sweat can dull the stones.
FAQs about cubic zirconia jewelry
1. What is the best way to clean cubic zirconia?
Use a soft brush to clean the jewels themselves, scrubbing gently with warm, mild soapy water to get rid of any dirt accumulation. Rinse your cubic zirconia jewelry well in warm water, since soap scum can build up easily, and then pat it dry with a soft, clean cloth. Don’t ever use tissues to wash or dry jewelry.
2. How do you clean cloudy cubic zirconia?
Start by using a small, soft brush and some luke warm (not hot) water with mild liquid soap. Gently scrub your CZ jewelry with the brush after dipping the brush into the soap and water mixture. Once you’re done scrubbing, rinse the jewelry in warm water and then pat it dry using a microfiber or cotton cloth.
3. Can you clean cubic zirconia with Windex?
To restore your cubic zirconia stones to a brand new shine, all you need are these simple items. Window cleaners like Windex do wonders on your windows, doesn’t it? The ammonia-based cleaners leave your windows with a renewed sparkle and will do the same for cleaning CZ jewelry.
4. Can you clean cubic zirconia with baking soda?
Another alternative is to use toothpaste and baking soda and covers the jewelry for 15 minutes, wet your old toothbrush and gently brush the jewelry piece, continue to dip your brush into the water until you get a good lather. Rinse under running water while gently brushing until all the suds are gone.
Beautiful jewelry will help you attract people’s attention. However, to keep their attractive appearance, you must regularly clean your jewelry, and cubic zirconia jewelry requires a specific cleaning regimen too.
With proper handling and care, tarnished or soiled cubic zirconia jewelry will shiny and new. We hope this article was helpful to you.