There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on the individual. Some people find that their ring size changes as they lose weight or gain weight, while others find that their ring size remains the same. In this article, Byboe will let you know Does Ring Size Change With Weight? If it is changed, what should you do?
How Weight Loss Affects Ring Sizes
We typically focus on common areas when weight loss including the stomach, hips, and thighs. Like all other parts of your body, your fingers can also store fat.
We know what you are thinking. “how many pounds will I need to be concerned about my fingers shrinking?”
It’s impossible to predict how much weight loss will affect your fingers. Throughout your weight loss journey, you’ll need to know how your engagement ring fit.
Resizing Your Ring
A jeweler can resize a ring if it doesn’t fit properly. Sometimes, a temporary or alternate sizing option might be the best.
If any of these apply to you, you might consider another option to resize the ring.
- Your ring is just slightly too big for your finger
- You plan to lose weight.
- Sizing doesn’t have to affect design features by losing weight.
- You are concerned about the high cost of resizing.
- As a memento of accomplishments, you like the idea that your ring will always be the same size.
We have great ideas for anyone who can relate to any one of these situations.
- You can purchase a temporary spacer for a low price to make the ring tighter without changing the actual ring.
- You can change it up and wear your ring on another giant finger.
- Talk to your jeweler about how to convert your ring into a piece of jewelry.
- A safe or safety deposit box is an excellent option if you want to keep your ring safe while you wait to size it.
- Keep an eye on how your rings fit, no matter how much weight loss you have in mind.
Notes: If you have to resize it multiple times, it can hurt the structural integrity of the ring as well.
Ring Resizing Key Takeaways
Whether you are trying to lose 2 pounds or 20 pounds, your rings must fit correctly.
Could you give it a shake? Put your ring on the same finger you usually wear and shake your hands. Do you feel it is going to fall off?
If you feel any looseness in your ring, take the necessary precautions to keep it from falling apart. Next, you can visit a local jeweler when ready to resize the ring. This will ensure that it fits snugly on your finger.
Are you unsure what size ring to wear? Get our printable ring sizer.
A ring that fits correctly is essential. Jewelry insurance is also a must. Don’t worry about your jewelry getting lost again.
If you are considering investing in a new ring, somethings you should know before making a purchase:
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on several factors, including the type of ring, the material from which it is made, and the weight of the person wearing it. Those who believe that the size of the ring has changed while they have lost or gained weight might be in the minority, but it is still something that you should pay attention to. We hope that our article can help you answer the question above.