Presidium Gem Tester Ii Reviews
Power & Battery :
- 2 x AA alkaline batteries (approximately 3 hours of continuous use)
- AC port to be used with appropriate Presidium Power Adaptor (included)
Recommended Operating Conditions:
- Optimal Operating Temperature: 18°C – 27°C (65°F – 80°F)
- Storage Temperature: 10°C – 51°C (50°F – 124°F)
- Length: 125mm (4.93 inches)
- Width: 90mm (3.55 inches)
- Height: 70mm (2.76 inches)
- Weight (without batteries): 220 grams (7.76 oz)
What’s Inside the Box?
- Calibration discs built into meters
- Plug-in Pen Probe
- Global A/C Adapter
- Nylon carrying case, zippered and padded.
- Operation Manual
What is the Presidium Jewel Tester?
Presidium gem tester is a scientific instrument that uses thermal conductivity to identify synthetic colored gemstones. It means that the detachable probe pen has a copper nib and that the instrument measures the heat drawn off to determine the type of gem you are testing.
Why Would You Need a Gem Tester?
It is better to tell you why you need a presidium gem tester. I am an antique dealer. I visit flea markets, yard sales, and car boot sales. I am an antique dealer.
This means that I’m not a specialist and can only tell you whether a ring has been made of gold or sterling silver. I cannot tell you which gems have been used in a piece.
To identify and value my rings, I always had to pay a jeweler because there was no way to know what gems or stones were used. This was my best option as I didn’t have time to study Gemology testing colored gemstones.
- Pay to have your jewelry identified by a jeweler.
- Buy a machine to identify synthetic colored gemstones.
- You can sell jewelry without identifying the gems, such as the 9ct gold Dress Ring.
However, this will not make you rich long-term. Also, you won’t get a high price for your jewelry, and you might end up with an unhappy buyer.
A Look At The Presidium Gem Tester II
The presidium gem tester II is well packaged in a professional-looking box. Inside, a pouch opens and closes with a zip to protect your instrument. You can use the presidium gem tester II with either two AA batteries or a mains lead.
However, it does come with a two-prong plug, so that you might need an adaptor. The presidium gem tester II has an instruction manual, power lead, and two warranty cards.
If you plan to use batteries, I recommend using a high-quality brand and not leaving them in your instrument if they are not being used. This will prevent acid damage to expensive machines.
It is much lighter than you might expect and is very portable. The pen plugs into the back of the presidium gem tester along with the power lead. The presidium gem tester II comes with the gems, so there is no need for a specialist to set it up.
Once you have everything set up, it’s easy to wait for the red light. Then press the pen on the Cal pad. Make sure to press hard enough to depress the nib fully.
The display will show the Cal, and the pointer will be pointing to it. Then, press the Glass Pad again, and the information will read glass.
- This was everything I needed. It was also easy to use.
- A retractable thermoelectric probe tip that ensures constant pressure between probe & gemstone
- Industry’s thinnest probe tip (0.6 mm) for testing colored gemstones up to 0.02 carats.
- To ensure that the retractable thermoelectric probe tip comes in contact with the gemstone during testing gemstones, use the metal alert buzzer.
- An analog dial that is clear and easy to read
- You can distinguish between 16 types of coated gemstones
- Use the built-in glass and calibration (CAL) test disks for reference.
How Much Does the Gem Tester Cost?
These testers have been on my radar for years. I searched pretty often but couldn’t find them for sale in the UK. However, for the past year, they have been available via seas.
However, once you have paid to track shipping costs and customs duties, it was too costly to purchase them on the chance that they would be any good.
They are now available in the UK. I bought mine from eBay, but they may also be available on Amazon or other online platforms.
They aren’t often sold. Currently, there are only two listings on eBay, one at PS400 and the second at PS250. There is a significant difference in the prices.
Although I am not sure why the prices are so different, I will shop since both were for precisely the same product. My PS300 was the price I paid for it when I purchased it, but the same seller increased his expenditure by PS500 when I checked back a week later.
The cost of a mini-valuation is approximately PS20 per item, so I need the presidium gem tester to work for a few years. To break even or make its price back, it must test at least 25 pieces.
This should take me about a month. However, for some home-based resellers, this could take up to a year to find items worth testing gemstones. This machine is essential.
- Identifies diamonds/moissanite, and most common colored gemstones
- Both polished and unpolished gemstones can be tested.
- Test colored gemstones as small and as tiny as 0.02 carats
- Every time, you will get consistent and reliable results.
- There is no waiting between tests.
- It’s simple to use
- Uses 2 AA batteries (or an adaptor, which is included).
Based on our experience, the Presidium Gem Tester II was reliable and worked as expected. It is also expensive, but it will pay off quickly and is durable enough to last for many years.
It could be improved if the company provided a chart showing the colors of different gems and the location of each rock on display. This is because multiple stones can have the same section, so you will need to know the gem before testing it.
But we are satisfied with my purchase. This review is honest and not paid. I hope that you find it useful.
Presidium Gem Tester/Colored Stone Estimator II: Conclusion
Presidium Gem Tester II is a high-quality gemstone tester designed to test diamonds’ authenticity and other precious stones. It comes with various helpful features, including a magnifier and color chart. The device is lightweight and portable, making it perfect for taking on trips.
If you want to see more other products, we have compiled the best diamond tester on the market in 2022, we hope that our list is helpful for you.